Thanks to an article written in the 1970’s by Homer Butler in his series “Glances at life”, a chunk of railroad history has been salvaged. Homer interviewed Eugene Morrison, co-owner of Home Oil Company. Eugene’s father was F.E. Morrison, who came to Marion in 1903 as a telegraph operator. In 1905, he became agent for the Chicago & Eastern Illinois Railroad and held the position till he retired in 1925 to devote full time to the Home Oil Company which he and a brother had previously started. Continue reading
The glove factory was operated by the Inskeet Manufacturing Company of Washington Courthouse, Ohio, which built and occupied a three story brick building built by local developers at the West Union Street Crossing on the C & EI Railroad. Continue reading
Dave Harrison’s combination store, bank and post office was located in the 800 block of West Main Street under the Masonic Lodge Hall. So far no further information is known about him or the store. This picture had no date but appears to date to around 1900.
(Photo courtesy of the Williamson County Historical Society)